The Package Includes
• This specifically designed extended Qur’an & Sunnah program focusing only on al-Aqsa and Quds (Jerusalem) combining a Tarbiyyah Program along with the academic detail concerning the historical events that have occurred in the Old City and concentrating on reconciling the different narratives offered by Muslims, Christians and Jews on those key events. The focus of the program will surround the tadabbur and tafsir of the Qur’an, and will involve a detailed daily study of Surah al-Israa. It has been extended from 5 nights to 6 nights for extra study and activities.
• Group will be fully led all the way by Shaykh Abu Eesa Niamatullah
• This program will revolve around personal ibadah in Aqsa and study in the Holy Sanctuary, and not popular Tourist Areas and Traps in the wider country controlled by Israel
• You also have the opportunity to combine this program with Umrah leading to our premier offering The 3 Sacred Cities Program, see www.hajjwithae.com/3cities
• 6 nights at Jerusalem’s The Holy Land – breakfast included
• Prices start at £899pp for a triple room and £999pp for a double room. Please see the FAQ below for details on pricings, rooms and costs for children.
• This is a LAND ONLY program, so please arrange your own choice of flights, however please review the FAQ section below for the flights that we recommend you choose. Check-In is at 3pm on 28th September and Check-Out is at 11am on 4th October.
• Fully administered by Dar El Salam Travel.
• Led by professionally qualified guides covering key landmarks and events
• A day long walking tour of the entire al-Aqsa Sanctuary, and other Islamic landmarks in the Old City
• Coach ride to the Mount of Olives, followed by an opportunity to relive and study the Palm Sunday Walk
• A walking tour of the 14 Stations of Christ along the Via Dolorosa
• In-ear wireless radio system for every person to allow uninterrupted, superlative quality teaching and focus during all lessons, tours, and group activities
• Round-trip Airport Transfers by premier private Airport shuttle services
• A guided tour and practical lessons in Bab al-Rahmah al-Islamiyyah Graveyard covering the Fiqh of Janazah and Burial
• Schedules from experienced organisers allowing for plenty of personal spiritual time, as well as structured Qur’an lessons and Q&A sessions with the Shaykh
• Access to the Shaykh 24/7 via the Aqsa Whatsapp group and personal telephone
• Full mentoring before departure as well as after your return, webinars and individual email support for all the pilgrims before they depart from Shaykh Abu Eesa and then full Whatsapp and Mobile phone support 24/7 during the trip as well
• Group will be accompanied by tour managers
• TO REGISTER FOR YOUR PLACE CLICK HERE
PLEASE SEE THE FAQ SECTION BELOW FOR FULL, DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Full Details About the 2023 Aqsa Summer Program
The 2023 Aqsa program is a combination of the AE Tarbiyyah Program (which focuses on (a) maximising the educational benefits of the specific location you are visiting, and (b) the development of all attendees and enters them into a mentorship program under the personal and direct control of Shaykh Abu Eesa before the group leaves and continues indefinitely afterwards to consolidate what you have learnt and continue your further development afterwards) and then a unique trip restricted in principle to Jerusalem specifically aimed at allowing for maximum time to be spent benefiting spiritually and educationally from Jerusalem which is the only religiously encouraged area of Palestine for visitation. It has been extended in length to seven nights to allow for increased activities, Friday prayers in al-Aqsa and detailed study and spiritual programs in order to develop yourself and your priorities for your return. It is not a trip aimed at wider tourism of Palestine however there will be time in the program to allow for the group to explore this as well and we will assist in that where necessary.
The program will be led by Shaykh Abu Eesa Niamatullah and specialist guides.
The program will focus on the Qur’an and its study, as well as the resetting of our daily schedule in light of the Prophetic experience observed in this Holy Land.
There will be daily visits to every location of Islamic importance in Jerusalem along with detailed and authentic explanations of the relevance of such places and the benefits and mistakes concerning such places and the value that must be derived. The focus will be on the Aqsa complex and will ensure a comprehensive study of everything that the Muslim needs to know about the Blessed Sanctuary.
In addition to this, the group will be visiting the main areas that are considered to be religious and/or significant to the Christian and Jewish faiths, to better understand the narratives that lead into the development of the Islamic narrative. This will include full tours and study of the Palm Sunday Walk, the pre-Jewish Graves, the Garden of Gesthemane and other places that will shed light on our own beliefs about the Prophets. We will be separately touring the Old City and specifically we will be doing a study of the Via Dolorosa and the significance of such for the Muslims. We will also visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. There will also be an opportunity to visit wider areas of significance including Bethlehem and Nazareth for those who wish to go.
This program will also incorporate wider aspects of the AE Tarbiyyah Program including a study of the lives of the relevant Sahabah that came to Aqsa, as well the Fiqh of Janazah at the al-Rahmah Graveyard for both men and women. It will also include studies of the Prophetic visitations to al-Aqsa and their significance today, as well as personal study and Qur’an classes along with specific Tafsir sessions relevant to al-Aqsa, as well as sessions from Shaykh Abu Eesa’s Quranic ART series.
Most important of all, the trip is aimed at ensuring everyone spends the highest amount of time possible in the single most Islamically emphasised act in Palestine, which is the various acts of mandated worship in al-Masjid al-Qibli in the al-Aqsa complex.
Flights and Logistics
Fulfilling Israeli conditions for travel can seem daunting at first, but we would highly encourage everyone who is serious about travelling to register immediately and then join the Shaykh’s personal comms group where you will find plenty of help from him and his team directly to make the entire process easier.
Although the Shaykh will be travelling from the UK, these packages are open to applicants from all countries. This is a LAND ONLY package so anyone can apply from all countries as long as you ensure that you will be able to enter from Tel Aviv airport with your specific country’s passport. Please see your country’s authorities for confirmation on that. We will unfortunately not be able to help non-European/US citizens obtain visas for Israel (UK/Europe/US/Canada/Australian travellers do not need a visa).
As this is a LAND ONLY package, you will need to arrange your own flights. To help you with this, we recommend you contact us for our recommendation on the specific selection of flights that will work best for the program and your departure city, as well as our transit service from and to the airport. Once you register and we confirm your place, please ask us for our help otherwise you might be liable for separate transport charges to the hotel if you miss the group bus times leaving from Tel Aviv Airport.
Pricing details for adults and children
In general, Shaykh AE’s programs are heavy on ibadah and tarbiyyah of adults, spending a lot of time walking, meeting and studying. This does not make it prohibitive for children but younger children will definitely feel the strain. For that reason we advise all parents to try and leave their very young children with family members if they want to enjoy the experience to the maximum. However if you have no choice then please see the costs below. In Jerusalem specifically, children over the age of 4-5 years will enjoy the environment, whereas over ten years old will benefit from the program.
Also please note that the hotel industry in Jerusalem is unlike other cities. Space is at an incredible premium and rooms are significantly smaller than one would expect in other countries. For this reason we would highly encourage you to go for the double rooms if possible, and if not then the triple. Also, there are no international standard 5 star hotels in Jerusalem despite some hotel perhaps advertising themselves as such.
Land Only Price (USA): $1,650 Single; $1,195 Double; $1,095 Triple per person
Land Only Price: (UK): £1,375 Single; £999 Double; £899 Triple per person
Children 2 and under: $125 or £100
Children 2 – 11 without a bed: $450 or £375
Child of any age with bed: Adult price
Covid Protocols for the Trip
There are no current requirements required by Israeli authorities, neither Covid or PCR test based, or any extra entry forms as previously stipulated.
How can we get more information?
You have a number of options open to you:
- filling in a form will allow us to contact YOU if you wish and answer any questions
- for quick small queries, our Facebook Messenger team can help, especially outside of office hours and in emergencies. This usually has the fastest response time but the most limited scope in terms of helping with actual applications. Message us at https://www.facebook.com/HajjwithAE/
- email us at Maheen@darelsalam.com
- call us on 001 212 725 2022 Ext. 129
Can I fly in to Jerusalem later than the group or leave earlier due to work reasons etc?
Usually, we do not prefer this approach because the Sheikh likes to keep the group dynamic unified, and the tarbiyyah program builds on itself. However, it might be possible in a unique circumstance so please let us know and we will try our best to accommodate.
RE the costings, if you wish to confirm an extra night before or after the group’s dates, or if you wish to check in early because your flight arrives significantly earlier, then please fill in the form and make it clear how long you wish to stay in the comments/note section and we will confirm with you directly the extra costs.
Please also note that you will have to pay for separately for your airport transfers if you arrive earlier or later than the specified dates, as these are outside the group airport transfer arrangements. The cost of this will be confirmed with you directly when you confirm your travel dates.
Finally, when booking your flights try and allow for the possibility of delays at immigration in Tel Aviv Airport upon arrival, from anything from 2 hrs – 6hrs depending on how much the Israeli authorities decide to investigate you. Our booking at the hotel starts at 3pm on 28th September and you must leave the hotel before 12pm on 4th October, with our advice that you should leave the hotel approximately five hours before departure to cover all security possibilities.
Are you able to take disabled or very elderly pilgrims?
The layout of the Old City makes the Aqsa complex quite difficult to navigate, due to its gradient and slopes as well as cobbled pathways which make it difficult for wheelchair pushing as well. Although it is possible to push a wheelchair, it will take approximately 15 minutes to do that from the hotel to the main Masjid al-Aqsa due to the slopes and uneven ground. The distance is not far, but the elderly and infirm will struggle on the route into and out of the Masjid. There are no hotels in Jerusalem whatsoever which can avoid this reality.
The nature of this package is very intense on the time of the leader and guide in order to give the best possible experience to the majority pilgrims. This means we sadly cannot take anyone who is disabled or is too weak or old to completely look after themselves. However if they are being accompanied by someone who will be able to look after that person’s each and every need without recourse to extra resources, then please email us for further discussion.
How do we book a place?
Please FILL IN THIS FORM and one of our team will contact you to confirm all the necessary details and requirements.
Will "Triple" rooms be bigger?
Please expect “triple” rooms to feel a bit less spacious than international standards. If you want to avoid any issues like this, we advise you to book a double room.
Who is the organiser of this Aqsa Program?
The AE Aqsa 2023 Program is administered by Dar El Salam Travel.